Understanding Animal Research works with journalists to provide background, information, images, and comment. We are also able to negotiate access for the media to scientists, vets and doctors who work with animals, and access to animal research facilities. To help us in this, we ask that journalists with whom we have not worked previously:
- Provide some credentials, for example name of commissioning/senior editor or producer.
- Provide details and links for similar stories you have written or produced – preferably relating to animal research or a health/science topic.
- Provide a synopsis of the story and/or the news angle.
- Tell us what other leads you are following for the story.
- Respect any requests for anonymity.