1 January 1970
Posted by: Richard Tidmarsh
Top Ten Organisations for Animal Research Announced
Ten organisations account for nearly half of all animal research in Great Britain
All ten organisations… https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/communications-media/top-ten-organisations-for-animal-research-in-2019-announced/
Latest figures show fewer animals used in research in 2019
Number of procedures on animals has decreased by 3% to 3.4 million
Lowest number of procedures carried out in a… https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/communications-media/animal-research-numbers-in-2019/
EU-wide animals in research statistics for 2017 released
10,664,752 animals used for research in the EU in 2017
Mice, fish, rats and birds account for 92% of animals used… https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/communications-media/eu-wide-animals-in-research-statistics-for-2017-released/
Procedures carried out on animals in Northern Ireland, 2018
· 28,790 procedures carried out in Northern Ireland in 2018
· Total procedures up 16.3% from 2017… https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/communications-media/ni-animal-research-stats-2018/
Latest figures show fewer animals used in research in 2018.
Number of procedures on animals has decreased by 7% to 3.52 million.
Mice, fish, rats, and birds account for over 97% of all procedures.
Latest figures show fewer animals used in research in 2018
Number of procedures on animals has decreased by 7% to 3.52 million
Lowest number of procedures carried out… https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/communications-media/animal-research-numbers-in-2018/
2017 animal research numbers for Northern Ireland have been published
Northern Ireland Animal Research Numbers, 2017
· 24,756 procedures conducted in Northern Ireland in 2017
· Procedures up 11.44% from 2016
· … https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/research-medical-benefits/increase-in-animal-research-in-northern-ireland/
Home Office animal research statistics for 2017, published today.
Latest figures show fewer animals used in research
· Number of procedures on animals decreased by 4% to 3.8 million
· Mice, fish, rats and birds account for over… https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/communications-media/animal-research-numbers-in-2017/
Animal use statistics are an easy target for anti-groups media work
Understanding Animal Research has always promoted the importance of universities and other institutions being clear and open about their research. To pre-empt the regular FOI… https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/communications-media/telling-stories-with-numbers/
The UK Home Office has released figures showing that the number of research procedures using animals last year increased by 3% to just over 3.7 million.
The UK Home Office has released figures showing that the number of research procedures using animals last year increased by 3% to just over 3.7 million. Once again, the numbers of… https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/policy-issues/uk-animal-procedures-up-by-3-in-2010/